ADSM-L

WDSF to ADSM Conversion Pain

1994-01-20 09:52:20
Subject: WDSF to ADSM Conversion Pain
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 09:52:20 EST
By now, every one who has converted WDSF, must know what I am talking
about. I thought I was extra careful in not jumping in to convert
WDSF and I gradually saw APARs being opened for conversion. Finally,
PTF UN53326 was available in December - which is supposed to take care of
all the problems conversion (wrong).

Here is what I got:
ANR5180I Read 6980000 database table rows from the dump (cumulative).
ANR0000E Error reading message repository for language AMENG.
<< Message number 5177 not available for language AMENG >>
ANR9999D DC(1028): Error: Temporary table DC.TempSeqReposFiles is not empty.

5177 message says - conversion utility ran out of free storage. The Virtual
machine was running at 32M. This happened after quite a few ours of running.

I leave it here - this is for your information only.

To Adstar Folks, here is my comment:

   I know you are trying hard and developing a good product, which is good
for you and us. I wish you had given me better planning information on
WDSF conversion time - something that will warn me on the length of time
based on size of Extent on a particular machine.

Deba Patnaik