ADSM-L

Servicing ADSM under VM/ESA 1.1

1994-01-20 13:35:31
Subject: Servicing ADSM under VM/ESA 1.1
From: Nick Laflamme <NLAFLAMM AT VMA.CC.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 13:35:31 EST
I'm installing ADSM for the first time on a VM/ESA 1.1 system, and I'm
ready to install the service tape that came with the install tape.  Because
I'm on VM/ESA 1.1, I've got a recent enough level of VMSES that VMFINS et
al work, so I'm trying to apply the fixes with the SES techniques, not the
non-SES techniques.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get VMFREC to recognize the
service on the tape; to my inexperienced eye, it looks like a packaging
problem where the install tapes were for product 5648020 and the service
tape is for 5648020S (S for SES?).  However, this is probably just my
inexperience with SES showing.

Are people using SES to service ADSM?  Have others seen similar packaging
problems?  Should I just go back to the old non-SES methods?

Interesting, when I ordered the PTF for the WDSF to ADSM problems that
David Boyes says we should all order, that tape came in non-SES format.  An
omen?

Thanks,
Nick

--