ADSM-L

Re: comparison studies ?

1993-10-07 14:12:57
Subject: Re: comparison studies ?
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1993 14:12:57 EDT
On Thu, 7 Oct 1993 10:25:30 PDT Brett Walker said:

> I know the memory requirements are a little stiff right now for the
> scheduler.  Maybe some of the above workarounds will work for you.
> If they don't, then hopefully you'll be able to use ADSM on your larger
> Macs, migrating the smaller ones to it when we solve this problem.
> Or you could always upgrade the Macs ;-)
>
> I am curious as to the number of small Macs you have (4/40, SE's, etc)
> and also how many people are still running 6.0.7.

At Cornell we have lots and lots of small Macs.  I don't have a good feel
for how many are still running 6.0.7.  The stiff memory requirements will
probably keep us from using ADSM for Mac backups (even ones with 8 Meg).
Even folks who have lots of memory don't like to just write off a Meg or
so.  Of all the problems mentioned by Keith, this is probably the most
critical one for us.         ..Paul

> Thanks for the feedback...

Thanks for listening.