nv-l

Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe

2004-06-12 06:29:25
Subject: Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe
From: "Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:17:13 +0300
Dear James

>> (1) If you query this same device for BandwidthUtilIn using the MIB Browser,
>> does it respond with data?

actually I do not know how to use expressions with MIB Browser. I think that
MIB browser accepts MIB objects only ( because it returns absolute values
without any delta calculations)
this device responds to any MIB object query using MIB Browser

>>  (2) Have you already been collecting BandwidthUtilIn data with snmpCollect?

Yes, data collection for BandwidthUtilIn is working correctly

actually james I don't see any difference between graphing  a MIB object like
ifInOctets and graphing an expression like BandwidthUtilIn regarding the delta
Calculations. the only difference in my view is that in the second case two MIB
objects ( ifInOctets & ifSpeed ) will be queried in stead of one MIB object.

I read in this forum that some guys can plot expressions in real-time using
xnmgraph on Linux environment so what I want to know is whether I can do this
on windows platform  or not.

thanks for your time and help

Alaa Farrag