nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview Web Console Client on Solaris

2004-03-16 15:12:32
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Web Console Client on Solaris
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:00:42 +0000
May just be a typo, but I think your URL should be */hostname:8080/netview/NetViewApplet/* (small n of first netview) and you obviously need http:// on the front. You also will need the Java plugin for Solaris to access NetView via a web browser.

Personally, I'd use the standalone client - from the download menu pick the nvwc_solaris_jre_1_3.tar file to be sure of getting the correct JRE version.

Cheers,
Jane

Qureshi, Fawad wrote:

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1 - web client to run on Solaris 9

Our NOC would like to use their Sun workstations to run the Netview web console client. Pointing to */hostname:8080/Netview/NetViewApplet/* does not work (no login screen ever comes up). I am looking into installing the UNIX client on the Solaris workstations, if possible. The http://hostname:8080/download/ shows, among other files, solaris jre.tar and nvwc.tar files. I have not been able to find any doc on installing web client on a solaris machine.

Any ideas are appreciated.

**Cheers **

** **

**Fawad Qureshi**

**Division of Network Engineering - SSA / RSIS**

**410-965-4413**

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2004 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.