nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Switch Port monitoring

2003-02-26 08:52:32
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Switch Port monitoring
From: bill.kellam AT worldspan DOT com
To: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi AT ssa DOT gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:50:22 -0500
Cisco has a document titled Cisco Network Monitoring and Event Correlation
Guidelines. It's pretty thorough and you don't need a CCO ID to get it. Go
to TAC and do a search for that title.

Regards,
Bill Kellam
Enterprise Integration and Management
404-322-4616

|         |           "Qureshi, Fawad" |
|         |           <Fawad.Qureshi@ss|
|         |           a.gov>           |
|         |           02/25/2003 04:03 |

  |       To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Switch Port monitoring

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a white paper or any other good document that
talks about monitoring Cisco Routers and Switches using Netview. Best
practice and such. Shed some light on what to expect (which traps etc.)
when certain things like a port being deleted from a switch, a
sub-interface on a router going down/deleted, user workstation hanging off
a switch port being rebooted etc. happen.

Cheers,

Fawad Qureshi