nv-l

Re: [nv-l] NV 713 : how to get IP address variable out of Traps??

2003-01-27 23:34:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV 713 : how to get IP address variable out of Traps??
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:08:25 -0500

See the Release Notes. With 7.1.3, there are some new variable bindings on
the
Netview events that go along with the changes made to provide better
integration
with TEC. There is information on this in the New Features section of the
release
notes.

For node events, there is a comma-separated list of IP addresses in varbind
8
($8 in trapd.conf, $NVATTR_8 in rulesets, $V8 in the TEC Class
configuration).
Note, we have found that for large switches, this list can be long enough
to cause
parsing failures in TEC, so be careful how you use it.

After you practice for a while with acting on events in trapd.conf, you
might want to
move on to achieving the same thing with a Netview Ruleset. That will give
you more
control over which nodes you act on. There is a lot of help in the archives
of this listserver
in creating Rulesets.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                      "Mithun Prakash

                      Prabhu"                  To:       <nv-l AT lists.tivoli
DOT com>
                      <Mithun_Prabhu@in        cc:

                      fosys.com>               Subject:  [nv-l] NV 713 : how to
get IP address variable out of Traps??

                      01/25/2003 10:03

                      AM

Hi list,

I have configured a trap and in testing phase selected node down event trap
to us a nvecho command to display which node and details of the node which
is down, I just know that $A stands for the node name, how do we get the IP
address of the machines which are down, I mean what is the variable trap
parameter which gets us that??

TIA.

 Regards,

Mithun Prabhu