nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Trap filtering specific addresses/devices

2003-01-23 00:37:19
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Trap filtering specific addresses/devices
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
To: "'Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT com'" <Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT com>, nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:10:21 -0500
Herman,
This is basic stuff. That is why support told you to Read The Friendly Manual...... :)

You need to create a ruleset that filters out the undesirables and apply it to the events being forwarded to TEC.
1st. Create a SmartSet containing all of the nodes that you don't want to forward events to TEC about.
2nd. Create a ruleset that checks for SmartSet membership and forwards only if it is NOT a member.
(Stream --> QuerySmartSet --> Forward)
3rd. Apply that ruleset to TEC event forwarding

Don Davis