nv-l

[nv-l] Trap filtering specific addresses/devices

2003-01-22 18:15:16
Subject: [nv-l] Trap filtering specific addresses/devices
From: Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:25:27 -0500

We are using Netview 7.1.2 on AIX.  We are also running TEC 3.8.  My issue is that I want to reduce the amount of traps/traffic/events being sent to TEC, and would like to filter some of these on the Netview box.  For example I have certain devices that I don't want to manage or monitor ports for, or specific address that I don't care to monitor.   I was pointed by support to a Redbook "Examples of Using Netview on AIX version 4"

Has anyone else encountered this? and do have a method, script, etc to resolve this?

Thank you,

Herman E. Caballero
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Communication Services