nv-l

[nv-l] MIB Switches

2003-01-16 05:45:36
Subject: [nv-l] MIB Switches
From: jmfrancoz AT soluziona DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:12:44 +0100
Hi List::

Did anyone find in the past this strange situation?

Environment (Netview 7.1.3, Solaris 8)

Analysing MIB variables connected with general switches (dot1dBridge) I see
the following problem.

Checking the useful status variables (1- dot1dTpFdbAddress, 2-
dot1dTpFdbPort, 3- dot1dTpFdbStatus) of the mib table
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1)
(.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.dot1dBridge.dot1dTp.dot1dTpFdbTable.dot1dTpFdbEntry.dot1dTpFdbPort)

 We can only see the learned ports of the VLAN1 (default vlan). I can see
the other ports but just in "self" status not in "learned" state.

Therefore I can´t see the MAC of the computers join to the ports of the
oter defined VLAN´s.

I would be very grateful if anyone could explain me this situation.

Thanks a lot in advance:

José María