nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview-TEC integration

2003-01-15 10:57:12
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview-TEC integration
From: Brett Coley <bcoley AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:00:53 -0500

With those settings, events are cached up to the 200K limit,
then I think the file is wiped out and continues again up to
the limit, until the TEC server is available.   So it is still
possible to lose events.  Worst case, you would have
little or no data sent to TEC,  for example, the TEC server
becomes available shortly after the file wraps.  I'm assuming
you are asking about a Unix version, NT may be slightly
different.

Regards,
Brett

Wednesday, January 15, 2003 9:32 AM