nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Installation of Framework and Tec Net

2003-01-09 10:44:16
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Installation of Framework and Tec Net
From: Gareth Holl <gholl AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:44:16 -0500

This listserv may not be the best source of information for Framework related issues as its primary focus is Distributed NetView.

To get you started, you should be referring to the Tivoli Enterprise Installation Guide, Version 3.7, page 3-12, "Installing on a UNIX System" if you intent is to install a TMR Server. The installation will include the installion of the "Tivoli Desktop" which is the GUI from which you administer your TMR region and also from where you would install Framework based applications and patches. You need to be root to perform the installation which is indicated on page 3-12.

You have also asked a bunch of questions I've never heard of or needed to deal with with the TMR Servers I have installed. So can't help you there is that info happens to be important for you. Regarding RIM, you do need to know a lot about your RDBMS and its access and it would probably help a lot if you were the DBA.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

Herman.E.Caballero AT Lowes DOT com

01/08/2003 05:57 PM