nv-l

[nv-l] Web Client Scope Question

2003-01-07 17:19:25
Subject: [nv-l] Web Client Scope Question
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:19:25 -0600
Netview 7.1.3
Solaris 2.8

I know currently, you cannot use a smartset as a web scope criteria (subnets or
locations but not smartsets). Does anyone know a way (besides and enhancement
request) to bypass that limitation? Are there registration files or something
that can be whammied up to support this?

Here is my concern - my Unix SysAdmins have web client signons and I have
granted them operator authority for the subnets their servers live in. However,
they also get the router devices which they have (by operator authority) the
ability to manage/unmanage. How do I provide a view of their equipment without
letting them see the routers?

- Scott