nv-l

[nv-l] re: Node Down Then Up Immediately - reply

2002-12-13 11:40:29
Subject: [nv-l] re: Node Down Then Up Immediately - reply
From: dmahler AT telcordia DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:40:29 -0500

I believe that we saw this in our Netview v6.0.2 instance on windows 2000.

what was happening was that netview ping failed, and we would see a node down.  our automation would then recheck the node and the ping would work.   Netview somehow would also see that ping  response and would then generate the node up.

do you have backend automation that is reacting to the node down by pinging?

Don M
SAIC/Telcordia