nv-l

Re: Routers that appears twice

1999-04-20 08:46:23
Subject: Re: Routers that appears twice
From: Xu He <xuhe AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 05:46:23 -0700
Actually, our Clients uses a different name for every router interface.
 Most of the time I can fix the problem by deleting the other
interfaces and demand poll one.  The problem arises when I see HSRP
running, we are using the standard x.x.x.1 for the virtual, and x.x.x.2
and x.x.x.3 for the actual interface address.  For some reason, all the
x.x.x.1's still resolves in the DNS.  I can't simply delete the
interfaces and demandpoll one because the virtual address actually
points to a existing router and will discover the x.2 or x.3 addresses
which already exist.  So netview will ignore it.

Unless, our client fixes the DNS (not likely), or there is a way to
specify which router has HSRP (which I believe there aren't currently,
but it would be a nice addition), I am currently SOL.  I am currently
just going to create a location object, and just group all those HSRP
interfaces in there for cosmetic purposes.