nv-l

Re: Routers that appears twice -Respuesta

1999-04-16 16:19:19
Subject: Re: Routers that appears twice -Respuesta
From: Adrian Cappelletti <adrian AT TECNET.COM DOT AR>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:19:19 -0300
Hi all:

I happened the same thing. If you HSHP and you have resolution by DNS for two
IP Address of the same router, the result is that you'll see two devices when
really there is one phisical device.

Is there a fix for this problem.

                                                                      Adrian

>>> Xu He <xuhe AT YAHOO DOT COM> 16/04/99 12:57 >>>
Yes, we see this at our locations a lot.  For us, it's a problem with
the DNS, for some strange reason, the WAN people at my client site
decided to give a DNS name for each interface on the router.  It's not
too briliant of an idea, but it's something i have to live with.
During the initial discovery ping sweep, it sees the address and
resolve a name to the address.  Since there are multiple DNS entries
associated with the same router, it creates two entries in the map.

What I ended up doing is delete both entry, put the ip address of the
interface I care about in the netmon.seed.  Once I discovered the
correct one, I demand poll it and most of the time it will generate a
correct symbol.  It's a painstaking process.

Hope this helps.
Xu He

--- Adrian Cappelletti <Adrian AT TECNET.COM DOT AR> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Did it happen that 1 router appears twice in the
> same level of submap?. I mean: Suposse that you have
> a router with 4 interfaces. The situation is that in
> one symbol you see 2 interfaces and in a second
> symbol you see the others 2. But, all interfaces
> belong to a one router.
>
> Did anybody suffer something like this ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>                 Adrian

===
Xu He