nv-l

Re: Filtering TEC events on NetView NT

1999-04-13 11:10:34
Subject: Re: Filtering TEC events on NetView NT
From: William_W_List AT BCBSMN DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:10:34 -0500
I'm sorry I didn't detail all of my problem.  I would like to eliminate PC's and
their interfaces from sending events.  In other words if a PC goes down, I don't
want it to show up at the TEC console, but if a router does it should show.  The
hardest thing to remove is "interface down" on the PC's, all I have to work with
is the last octet.  I would like to write a rule that states if the last octet
of the interface is > 50 then discard.  I realize I could hardcode all the
server routers ect.  but that would be a maintenance nightmare.  Any ideas how I
could accomplish this?