Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup up a media server - newbie here

2013-02-25 10:22:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup up a media server - newbie here
From: su_A_ve <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:22:45 -0800
We currently have an implementation with 1 master and 3 media servers.  2 media
servers only do disk 2 disk using media server deduplication, and all images
are stored in a JBOD - There's then a duplication job that sends the images to
the 3rd media server and it's own JBOD.  Servers are running windows 2008 R2,
and the JBODS are presented as "E:\PureDisk" - Each media server has it's own
exclusive partition.

We configure the media servers so each would back up to the other one.

We had someone set this up and initially they just set to backup only drive C:.
 However, another consultant that 'fixed' several mistakes made by the first
one, changed so E:\Puredisk was backed up.  A third one that 'actually' fixed
the mess the second one did (in attempt to fix this), excluded E:\Puredisk\data.

We recently upgraded to 7.5.0.4 and notice a big increase in time it takes to
backup the media servers.  So, should we be backing up this partition at all?
The E:\PureDisk\databases seem to be pretty big.

Thanks in advance...

Please no need to lecture - we know we got screwed time and time again...
[Embarassed]