Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.5 / Vmware API - RDM Identification

2013-01-24 06:55:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.5 / Vmware API - RDM Identification
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: "Anatoly Pugachev" <matorola AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:51:11 -0000
Anthony
Thanks, but I was after some real world scenarios, as I had already found this already.
Here is the problem I have......

I have many VM Guest machines that are Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 clusters. I need to somehow create a script to ignore clusters and RDM.

Now, the RDM side, is ok - I have tested the query, but not put it into full practice yet. The results say its worked, but I cannot just kick off the backup, as it does not tell me how many it will do, and more so, 1000 VM's being backed up right now isnt an idea time :)

My only other option, is to try and create a query against one VM Host I guess. See if it works.
But ideally, was looking for examples of hte full use of VIP - In other words... people that have lots of experience who may share some queries on what can and cannot be done.
hope this explains a bit more :)
Simon