Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.5 / Vmware API - RDM Identification

2013-01-24 00:28:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.5 / Vmware API - RDM Identification
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: "George Winter" <george_winter AT symantec DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 05:28:31 +0000
Hello George
Many thanks that this as it is very very helpful information.

Tell me I'm not fully aware of all the keywords in regards to the intelligent policy for VM But is there some sort of website or examples of the fall use of the VIP method so I can try to cut down my VMware backups?

For example I also have a lot of Windows 2003  cluster guest servers that I cannot backup as VMware is unable to snapshot them.

Information like this is crucial and also important as I have over 1000 VM guest machines to back up. Also what is your view on trying to backup this around to machines in one policy?
Thank you
Simon