Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] options for reporting other than OpsCenter?

2012-07-17 17:08:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] options for reporting other than OpsCenter?
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:08:43 -0700
Hello Rusty.!!

Nope....not saying it's a bad thing. Just stating that there are "tools" to get
the info we need and each tool uses those same tools to get the same info and
then present it to us in different user front-ends.

Various people like different tools. That's why there is more than one tool out
there for us to choose from, purchase and use.

For us, we've used Aptare and Profiler for several years now. We are now
running Aptare, Profiler, and OpsCenter + Advanced Analytics. Some on our team
likes Aptare, others Profiler, and even fewer like OpsCenter. We are making
OpsCenter be what we want it to be and things are improving.

Each monitoring tool has its pluses and its negatives....just like backup
software and operating systems. I know...because we support Tivoli TSM, Backup
Express, Backup Exec, Legato Networker, and Netbackup.......and they are
running on every O/S from Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, and Netezza.

I just wish that I could roll all the strengths of all the various backup
products into a single strong and bulletproof backup product. :)