Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird SSO behavior

2010-10-11 11:40:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird SSO behavior
From: Robin Small <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:40:31 -0700

Have any of you seen this??

I’m running NBU701 on SLES (Suse) 11. It’s connected to a Quantum i500 via FC (through a FC switch).

When I hook up my i500 to two other boxes (Oracle Ent Linux / RHEL 5.3) so they can use the Enterprise Client to back themselves up, the tape inventory gets scrambled.

So, it freezes a bunch of tapes and downs the tape drive paths. In the logs it’s showing that it’s trying to put tapes back but the slots where it came from are full (another tape is in its slot). If I reinventory, then it shows a bunch of tapes that were in slot x now in slot y.

I’ve been digging through Symantec’s site (and googledredging in general), but so far I’ve come up with very little.

I’ve got the latest revs (701) on both my master and on the enterprise client boxes. I’ve even updated the latest drive mappings text file (1.89).

Have any of you seen this before?

~ Robin