Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Run a script for restoring Oracle database

2010-01-07 02:58:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Run a script for restoring Oracle database
From: moehatdee <moehatdee AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:58:52 +0700
Hi All,

The Oracle database has backed up properly using RMAN. And then I need
to restore to another Oracle server machine.

Please give me advise:
1. If I put the script in the backup selection list of NetBackup
Policy, let say restore.sh, does it work for restoring Oracle ? Just
right click the "policy name" and select "backup manual".
2. Do you have best practice to alternate restore ?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,

Muhadi