Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5.4 priority issue

2009-10-30 15:29:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.4 priority issue
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:24:34 -0400
I just upgraded my Solaris 10 master to 6.5.4
I use SLP to create backups to a VTL then duplicate them to tape, has worked
pretty well.

With 6.5.4, even though the job priority of duplications is higher, backups
that are starting keep control of the tapes and I end up with queued
duplication jobs waiting for the backups to fill up the tape.

So even though I have a higher priority queued duplication job waiting for a
tape, a lower priority backup will grab that same tape to write to it.

Anyone else have these issues?

I found documentation for /usr/openv/var/global/nbrb.conf at
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/307083.pdf
 page 162 and following:

RESPECT_REQUEST_PRIORITY = 0
SECONDS_FOR_EVAL_LOOP_RELEASE = 180
DO_INTERMITTENT_UNLOADS = 0

(These are defaults)

Is this what I need to modify? and what to set the values for?