Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU Cleanup

2009-10-30 16:16:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Cleanup
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:13:15 -0400
I have an occasional issue on my 5.1 MP7 media servers (W2k3) where a
DSSU image will get expired, but only some of the fragments will be
deleted from disk. I've been manually cleaning these out every so often
(maybe twice a year per media server) but I've decided it's time to
write a script for this purpose.  I was thinking I would create a script
that counts the fragments and them compares that to the highest fragment
number and deletes them all if they don't match.  A better idea occurred
to me, to query the catalog for what disk images are associated with the
image and delete any that don't show up.  Does anyone have anything like
this or a better idea?

-Jonathan