Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH & Vault

2009-09-15 16:08:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH & Vault
From: "Matt Ungaro" <Matt.Ungaro AT absglobal DOT com>
To: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:05:28 -0500
If a tape is vaulted, in the vault pool, then vault would not want that tape
going into the scratch pool when expiring. The point of vaulting a tape is to
put it offsite, and out of the normal tape rotation. If you use vault to
re-import those tapes, then they could be expired and brought back into
scratch.

Matt Ungaro