Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning

2009-08-17 11:15:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning
From: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:13:03 -0700
Error 98 means it couldn't find any available media for the job.  NBU tracks
max cleanings and how many are left on a cleaning tape.  Make sure there are
still cleanings on the cartridge.  Most cleaning cartridges can provide 50
drive cleanings.  They should be in Volume pool None

On the I2k you can slide the robot column to the right.  It won't hurt it.  The
best way though if you want to have the library handle the cleanings is to use
the partitioning utility on the library and add some slots for cleaning tapes.
I personally like to have NBU handle the cleanings as I have a busy system and
I have had drives get downed by NBU due the drive being unreachable while the
library was cleaning the drives.  When NBU handles it then drives stay up.