Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB Backup Questions !

2009-08-10 17:51:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB Backup Questions !
From: get it on tape <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:25:50 -0400
Hello,

I think VCB looks at the DNS name or the VMware name (the one in the VMware
infrastructure client). This is setup when we install the Consolidated backup
piece. If you are using the VMware name you could unregister the machines or
rename them and that should get rid of the duplicate names. If you are using
DNS maybe you could name the machines duplicate.backup and that should work.
Test one and see what happens..

Hope this helps!

Kevin