Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup vs. The Rest of the World

2009-08-07 10:32:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup vs. The Rest of the World
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:28:53 -0400
Thanks for everyone's response on DPM.  I agree it looks like a great tool for
backing up remote offices, and possibly even other Microsoft specific
applications like SQL, SharePoint, and Exchange.  My real problem though, is
that we are talking about using it for our entire data center, or at least as
much as possible.  I don't want to end up supporting two different backup
systems, one for Windows and one for UNIX.

I could use some specific argument as to why NetBackup is a better solution for
our Datacenter as a whole.