Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Qualstar Libraries??

2009-05-19 12:54:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Qualstar Libraries??
From: Kathryn Hemness <kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:51:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tom,

I've been using Qualstar libraries since 1998, first with AIT2 and
currently with an LTO3/LTO4 mixed drive Qualstar TLS-88264.

We've been using the TLS-88264 since spring of 2005 and have been
very happy with it.

Whatever library you go with, make sure all of the drives are
direct-attach fiber.  Drives connected via a fiber-scsi bridge
are cheaper, but the bridge throttles the drive throughput
significantly.

--Kathy