Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] no active directory for master server

2009-01-13 15:17:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] no active directory for master server
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:59:55 -0600
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM, mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie> wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some inforamtion on the ability of netbackup master server to perform backups of servers that are in an active directory that the master server is not a member of.

NetBackup does not use Active Directory.  It doesn't know and doesn't care.  It plays no part of the backups or restores.

my main question is; how can i provide the correct permissions to allow the master server to backup the clients?

The permission is set when you install the client.  Include the fully qualified name of the master server when you answer the rest of the questions during the install.  Include the fully qualified name of all your media servers.  This information is stored in the registry.  Make absolutely sure that forward and reverse DNS lookups are working properly and you'll be fine.

also, are there any disadvantages to the master server not being a member of an AD?

Nope.  It doesn't know and doesn't care.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org