Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] no active directory for master server

2009-01-13 13:45:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] no active directory for master server
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:25:10 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, I am looking for some inforamtion on the ability of netbackup master server to perform backups of servers that are in an active directory that the master server is not a member of.

the master server will be windows 2003, netbackup 6.5, stand alone server (no AD or domain membership).
the clients will be members of AD and are all win2003. the data will be backed up through a firewall.

my main question is; how can i provide the correct permissions to allow the master server to backup the clients?

also, are there any disadvantages to the master server not being a member of an AD?

any other comments are welcome!!

mark