Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN client config question

2009-01-09 16:43:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN client config question
From: bruceephx <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:35:30 -0500
Thanks Sean, thats what I figured based on my readings.  Sucks that Windows is
stuck with LAN transports.  We have HP EVA storage arrays with higher levels of
integration to HP SAN software for managing the storage.  We can do EVA
snapshots from Windows.  But we still can't do backups from storage assigned to
one Windows server to another Windows server without getting the LAN involved.
I would do snapshots but all the EVA space is for primary storage.  Our backup
storage is on MSA's and HP says we can't do snapshots to MSAs from EVAs.

We are good on the HBAs, using OEM'ed QLogic cards from HP.

I will keep my fingers crossed about the future versions.  As they say on my
satellite TV forum about getting new HD, it's coming 'soon'.