Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Testing Frequency of LTO-4 Tapes

2008-10-20 14:00:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Testing Frequency of LTO-4 Tapes
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, smccormick AT leeclerk DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:35:04 +1100
I should add the caveat that I've haven't really dealt with LTO. I've
been lucky enough to have always had the "enterprise class" tape
drives (and media) on the systems I have looked after - STK 9x40
earlier, now IBM 3592.

After almost 10 years, I can't recall ever having any kind of media
related problem with a tape I have recalled from offsite.

- Dean