Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using Datalink for NetBackup Support

2008-08-22 13:33:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using Datalink for NetBackup Support
From: Ray S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:15:42 -0400
We use Datalink for our NetBackup support and I can't recall a case that I've
filed with them that I wasn't completely satisfied with their support.  They're
very knowledgeable about the product, and quite a few have experience outside
of just NetBackup (unix, switches, data domain, etc).

For the record we have several environments using NetBackup with Solaris and
Windows both.  We also utilize NDMP, Data Domain Restorers with VTL
configurations (about to implement replication), NetApp filers, LTO2 and 3
libraries (Quantum and Storagetek), and Cisco and Brocade SAN switches.  I've
been able to rely on Datalink to help with all of our environments and
appliances at one point or another, and they've always been able to deliver.  I
highly recommend them for support.

-ray