Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] replacing ndmp drives in SSO configuration

2008-05-20 23:05:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] replacing ndmp drives in SSO configuration
From: "Nathan Kippen" <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:34:41 -0600
I have 4 drives that I was using for NDMP.  These 4 drives were shared with other media servers.  I removed the drives temporarily because I was having some problems with NDMP -- but now when re-adding them back in as ndmp drives I get the following error: "drive name already in use."  I only get the error when trying to add the drive to my SSO configuration as an ndmp drive.  I've tried doing the tpautoconf -replace_drive drive_name -path path_name ... and I've tried doing the tpautoconf -report_disc on each of my media servers but I haven't had much luck in resolving the "drive name already in use" error.  This error occurs after clicking the OK button in the 'Add New drive" window.  I've opened up a ticket with symantec but it has been two weeks and still no solution.

Thanks,

NBU 6.0 MP5
HP-UX 11.23 IA (Master)
HP-UX 11.23 PA (Media server that talks to NDMP host)
EMC Celerra - NAS