Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Robotic control host...master/media

2008-04-10 08:58:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Robotic control host...master/media
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>, "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:44:28 -0400
We have the robotic control on the master.

However, we use separate HBAs for the robot and drives than we do for
our attached disk storage.

This separate HBA has been a real boon because we have seen the HBA get
locked up on occasion and can simply reset that one HBA instead of
having to reboot the entire box.   Also it doesn't impact our disk
storage (e.g. NBU Catalogs) when we do the reset.  Now that NBU is using
a DB disk issues might be even worse than ever if they corrupt the DB so
I'd say the separate HBA is well worth the cost.