Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] command to extract Activity Monitor "Detailed Status"

2007-09-06 20:05:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] command to extract Activity Monitor "Detailed Status"
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:49:08 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm writing report scripts for NBU 6.0 Enterprise Server on Win2K3.
> I'm fooling around with bpdbjobs, bpimmedia, bpimagelist, etc.  I
> still haven't discovered a command that will report which tapes an
> individual jobid used.  That information can be viewed with the GUI
> activity monitor, in the "Detailed Status" tab when viewing the job
> details.  My question is, can that "Detailed Status" text be extracted
> from the command line?

You can run 'bpdbjobs -all_columns -jobid <jobid>'.  Some of the details
should show the tape usage, even though it's hard to parse.

The main problem (for me) is that there is no direct connection in any
of the databases between a "job" and an "image".  You can make the
connection yourself based on job start time, client, and other info.  If
you have an image, all the other tools can be used.  But only bpdbjobs
can give you job info, and only until that job disappears from the job
database.