Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Looking for time information in catalog

2007-08-16 12:44:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Looking for time information in catalog
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
>                 I am trying to generate a reports via command in
>    netbackup, I have serveral commands like bperror, bpimagelist,
>    bpimmedi etc. But i dont find any output which gives both start &
>    end date and time. either one exist in the output. Pls suggest me
>    is there any other commands to genetate reports via command,

The job database has information on the job time, but I don't know that
the length or end time is stored in the image catalog anywhere.  It's
information that isn't really needed for restoration.

It appears that individual FRAG lines from the catalog show when each
fragment began, so you can see some of the span on multi-fragment
backups, but that isn't necessarily very much.

So bpdbjobs would be best, but only for recent backups.