Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1MP6 x86 Client Issues

2007-07-19 14:47:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1MP6 x86 Client Issues
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:32:59 -0400

Yes, I have seen this.  It usually ends up being some sort of mis-match of NIC settings.
Be sure that the NIC on the client (exchange) matches the port on the switch all the
way from the client to the media server.  For older systems we had to force 100MB no auto.
The newer systems can go GigE  - auto negotiate.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/18/2007 09:53 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1MP6 x86 Client Issues

Folks,
                I'm working on getting our Exchange Servers to do file/system
backups now and have to use the 5.1MP6 x86 client.  I've gotten them
installed and set up in a policy.  However, I've noticed several oddities:

1.  Most jobs are returning 41s.  I've kicked up logging and respawned jobs,
but no logs.  There are no firewalls between the Windows 6.0MP4 Master and
the client and the client server isn't running the Windows firewall.

2.  When I had a job work yesterday, it wouldn't do the Shadow Copy
Components.

Anyone running this, or something similar?  Troubleshooting tips?

I'm about to the point of calling Symantec, which I don't want to do.

Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer
IITS - Longwood University
voice - (434) 395-2034
fax - (434) 395-2035
mailto:<brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.