Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Determining Number of Additional Client LicensesinNetBackup

2007-07-19 14:33:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Determining Number of Additional Client LicensesinNetBackup
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: "Austin Murphy" <austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:04:10 -0400
You can not backup running vm virtual machines one a esx box by backing
up the linux side of the esx box.  The only way to backup them up via
netbackup is to purchase a license for each vm virtual machine.
In your example of "10 linux vm virtual machines and 10 windows vm
virtual machines" you will need 10 linux and 10 windows licenses for
netbackup to back them up.

We have 8 esx servers running here and some I use esxranger to back them
up but most of the virtual machines we want file level restore
capability so we had to purchase the netbackup licenses.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 1104
Email  dlpreston AT landam DOT com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.