Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DataDomain and Netbackup

2007-04-02 21:01:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DataDomain and Netbackup
From: tburrell_mn at yahoo.com (Tom Burrell)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Where do I start?

What kind of compression do you see?

How does the performance compare to tape/other disk in
your environment?

Are you using an appliance, or a gateway unit?  If a
gateway, what do you have behind it for disk?

Do you replicate between units?  DR or Remote Office
backup?

How does the replication do on bandwidth?

How has the support experience been for you?  How is
the reliability in your opinion?

That should start you off.  I'll stop and take a
breath now.

Tom Burrell