Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DataDomain and Netbackup

2007-04-05 14:57:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DataDomain and Netbackup
From: jpiszcz.backup at gmail.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:57:37 -0400
I have not really played with disk-staging with the DDRs; however, I
have used disk staging under 5.1MP4 and 6.0MP2/3, and suffice to say,
its not great.

I have spoken to the 'important' folks at Symantec and they have plans
to multi-stream off disk to tape from a disk staging unit, when this
happens, it should be good.  However, staging off a fast RAID10 or
RAID5 only gave 30-35MB/s when bleeding off to tape.

Justin.