Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU not backing up %windir%\registration

2007-03-23 17:33:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU not backing up %windir%\registration
From: bob944 at attglobal.net (bob944)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:33:13 -0400
> Can I ask this from Windows professionals in the
> group, that by missing this directory in the backup,
> am I still okay when I do a full system restore?

Any resemblance between me and a Windows Professional is purely
accidental, unintentional, and certainly undesirable, but did you read
the Veritas technote cited by Bob Stump (if I can figure out the
top-posting):

It clearly spells out the Windowy things that may be broken if that
directory is hosed.

And I'm surprised the Windows admins on the list didn't jump on the
Microsoft registry key of FilesNotToBackup.  I believe that backup
vendors have to swear on a stack of Windows licenses that they will not
back up anything listed in that key.  I could be wrong.