Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive Exclusion List

2006-12-13 13:53:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive Exclusion List
From: Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:53:17 -0700
If the list below is your exclude list, and you're excluding C:\ and
E:\, then why are you surprised that you're getting no backups for them?

The INCLUDE entries in your policy are applied first to build the backup
list (that's the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES), you'll get one image if the multiple
data streams is off or multiple images (per drive letter) if it's
selected.

The client's exclude_list is applied next, paring down the backup list
(and whacking C & E as you're config'd, though you should get a stub job
if your "mult. data streams" box is selected).

Finally any client-side include_list entries, not to be confused with
the on from above, are applied and add back stuff excluded from above.

So, if you want all of C except the recyler & temp and all that, then
just remove the C:\ from the exclude list.  Same for E.

-M