Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Scripting Question (NBU 6.0 MP3)

2006-12-13 13:58:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Scripting Question (NBU 6.0 MP3)
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:58:31 -0500
doesn't it have to be moved up from goodies to the bin folder to
actually run?
I know tha is the case in UNIX clients.

>>> "Steve Fogarty" <steve.fogarty at gmail.com> 12/12/2006 2:34 PM >>>

I believe in Windows, it is located in "C:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\goodies".

There are bpstart_notify.bat and bpend_notify.bat scripts.  You can
modify them to run other scripts, at the start and end of the backup.
But BE CAUTIONED!   These start script runs prior to each stream, and
the end runs after each stream.  Not just when the whole backup
starts/stops.  So this works ok if you are running one stream (ie)
all_local_drives.  But if you run multiple streams, it is not much use.
If you use them to stop/start services, the services will be going
up/down multiple times during your backup.

In fact, is there anyone out there that uses these scripts with
multiple streams?  Just curious what they are good for.

When you say you are currently using Storage Data Protector, is that
HP's Data Protector?  I know that has preexec and postexec scripts that
run prior to the whole backup, and after the whole backup.

Steve