Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.

2006-10-12 11:46:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
> Use 2 GB fragments at the storage units. Then you can check bptm log.
> It has all the info you want in kb./sec

There used to be several issues with duplicating and fragment size.  I
*think* that these issues are (supposed to be) addressed in 6.0, but
I've been hesitant to attempt it.

If it gets me what I need, I'll probably try it.

For now though, it seems like I've hit a wall.  None of my duplications
are going faster than 27MB/s (LTO3s).  I'll have to keep poking...

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com