Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.

2006-10-19 16:35:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:35:30 +1300
My vault duplications are running at up to 160MB/s. My environment is
Windows based and we have a 4 LT03 drive HP library.

I did try turning on multiplexing but found that the write throughput
got worse the more I multiplexed so I have turned it back off for the
moment.

The buffers will have an affect on performance. FWIW mine are set to:-

C:\..\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\config\SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK      1048576
C:\..\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\config\NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS              64
C:\..\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\config\ NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK        64
C:\..\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\config\ SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS             262144
C:\..\VERITAS\NetBackup\NET_BUFFER_SZ                       1048576

What read speeds are you getting during the duplication process? If you
have a look in the 'All log entries' report in the gui you should see a
figure for the read as well as the write process after each image is
duplicated.

Regards

Richard