Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup desktops & Laptops

2006-09-12 11:42:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup desktops & Laptops
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:42:11 -0400
Veritas has the "Desktop and Laptop" option, which gives the user's a
GUI they can use to backup their clients to a media server.  I've used
it previously w/ Backup Exec and its ok.  For clients who 100% had to
backup their desktops on a schedule we still purchased full client
licenses.

You might also want to look into Microsoft's Data protection Manager.  I
demo'd it a while ago at a Microsoft Training course and it was pretty
sweet.  Might be cheaper for lots of desktops than NBU client licenses
or the DLO.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/dpm/default.mspx

Good luck!

-Jonathan