Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware Client cumulative incremental backups

2006-09-05 04:44:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware Client cumulative incremental backups
From: goodbloke at gmail.com (Ian)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:44:40 +0200
We run a Win2003 NB 6 MP3 Master.
I've found a curious issue with our Netware clients, most of which are
Netware 6.5 using NB 5.1MP2 client, but same problem found with NB 6
GA client. We use standard policies and volume targets.

We run a full backup on the weekend and cumulative incremental backups
on weekdays.
The problem is that when the cumulative incremental backups run, they
backup the entire directory structure regardless of the modified time
on the directory.
No huge issue, but I think it may be increasing the length of the
daily backups somewhat.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Ian